Anybody want a laugh?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254589502418

Yes, that’s a network switch marketed to Audiophiles. 
😆😂😆
128x128dougeyjones
"...only when the noise is randomized a particular way."

How does one make something random in a particular way?
"A whole set of them makes your speakers disappear."
If it works that way with Moabs, David Copperfield may take notice.
"HFT are much more high tech."

If pictures are anything to go by, they are not that high tech. Gillette Fusion razor appears to be way more high tech.

HFT stands for High Frequency Transducer. Transducer? Of what to what? Of high frequency to......heat?

"The HFT 2.0 is a warmer sounding transducer and HFT X has more details and resolution..."

You do have to give credit to a person who wrote this...

"...outlets are treated with 1,000,000 volts of electricity at specific frequencies and pulse modulations, creating a canal in the conductor material and contact points at the molecular level that allows electrons to flow more freely giving a beautiful start to your music"

...and this...

"...passing 1'000'000 volts of electricity, pulse modulated at extreme high frequencies through each of the outlets. This creates a path on the conductor’s surface that allows electrons to flow more freely, opening up the music and giving uncompressed, realistic live sound."

It is just unclear if electrons flow more freely in a canal in the conductor material or on a path on the conductor’s surface.

https://www.synergisticresearch.com/power/accessories/tesla-plex/

https://www.synergisticresearch.com/power/accessories/qls/
djones51,

’Anyone read that drive by advertisement by a shill?’

Unfortunately I did.

Both millercarbon and mahgister seem to know their way around what might best be (kindly) defined as environmentally determined psycho-acoustic effects.

Fair enough, if that’s their thing. In my case I haven’t experienced any room issues that I’m aware of, but then I’ve never had speakers with enough low bass that could trigger booming issues so it’s never been a problem.

My current speakers need a minimum of 8 inches behind them or else the sound can start to get thick, slow, muddy etc.

So I think we all understand about the need for a little experimenting with speaker positioning, as well as the importance of getting the tweeters up to ear height, especially for those speakers which may have narrower dispersion.

Most of us will also have some idea that the difference between direct sound and reflected sound will depend upon things like speaker placement/ toe in etc, the distance we are sitting from them, the volume we are listening at, and possibly the shape of the room and its surfaces.

Some of us might prefer a more lively/reflective room (bare walls, hard surfaces) and some might want a more acoustically dead room (furnishings, carpets, curtains, bookshelves etc).

I’m pretty certain none of us would want to listen in a echoey cave or an anechoic chamber.

I have a large glass window (4ft by 6ft)  close behind my listening position and sometimes I might prefer to close the curtains, but sometimes I might not. The effect is only barely perceptible either way.

I admit I can’t get my head around the mathematics needed for optimum acoustics but I’m not bothered. If the likes of the Floyd Toole and Siegfried Linkwitz say that we shouldn’t get too obsessed about room acoustics, well that’s good enough for me.

The likes of millercarbon and mahgister may disagree. Good for them.