Anyone listen to entire albums?

I assume the answer is yes since many of you run vinyl rigs, but just wondering how many around here listen to entire albums at a sitting?  In the age of instant gratification and playlists I seem to be, recently, gravitating to listening through entire albums.  I don’t have vinyl and only stream or play from a network drive so it’s easy for me to bounce around from song to song, artist to artist.  Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing but I enjoy hearing a record in it’s entirely the way the artist recorded it.  I’ve flirted with the idea of vinyl for the very reason that it seems to be a format that lends itself to listening through an entire album in one sitting.  I seem to be less inclined to make that move though now that I’ve been doing the album thing via streaming. 

128x128jastralfu

Absolutely yes. And +1 @roxy54 regarding "bonus tracks."

No vinyl here, just streaming and ripped albums.

I'm in the process of listening to all of my "albums" on CD's in alphabetical order so I don't miss any. I've spent the last couple of years getting all of my equipment refurbished, sometimes including upgraded electronics. I also purchased new interconnects and speaker cables. I'm just starting basic room treatment.

With all of the changes I've made many of the titles I listen to sound different and better than ever even though I've had them for decades.

This is easy to answer.  I play albums.  I don’t think I’ve ever just selected a track to play unless I’m listening to a selection on an album I like so much that I replay it in situ and when it’s finished the album play continues.

i grew up in an LP world when one played Side One and then Side Two.  When tape cassettes came along, then VHS tapes, then Laser Discs, then CDs, I dove in, bought the necessary gear and listened to albums as before.  Even now, having  ripped my CD collection, added my dubbed hi-res LPs, an wholehearted adopted streaming to the point where 99% of my listening is streaming, it never occurs to me to select by track.  Well, maybe I have to take that back…sort of….as sometimes I’ll look for a particular singer on YouTube and play an aria.  But that doesn’t count in a way because it’s not how I listen on my music system.

Depends on the album, and the quality of the recording.

Current activity can be a factor with vinyl vs streaming.  Dismounting off the floaty thing at the deep end of the pool, finding someone to hold your drink, drying off completely, navigating guests and other objects to get into the house, and walking through several spaces in flip flops to get to the music room just to lift the tonearm at the end of the album is not convenient.

Only records and almost always completely through unless listening time is over or there is a song I can't stand -  luckily very few out of about 350 records. Double albums are the only potential exception. If I have had enough for a while, I will go through the other rotations and start back with the second record for that rotation. I try to listen to all equally to the degree I can - it's OCD trying not to waste any of them. I am not a collector.

Interestingly enough, once in a while I will hear a song I really like while driving listening to Sirius XM and I'll buy the record if it is available, just for the one song. Only once was I not happy with the entire record, but I liked the one song so much it's OK. Example - Paul Simon - One Trick Pony is a great song, but I only listen to the side that song is on - I think the other side stinks - no offense Paul. But One Trick Pony is a great song - not a great album. I think the song is about Art Garfunkel even though I think it is also a movie soundtrack.