Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Really, if anyone *ever* visits my home and doesn't enjoy the music I'm playing (or they asked for) because I have a bass rise, some acoustic bounce and only a 14' x 21' space with a coffee table and a flat screen.....well.....they aren't getting the Pappy Van Winkle's 23 either, and they will be welcome to depart disappointed.

Pappy Van Winkle's 23 should be added to your system page under tweaks. Along with tubes (http://www.stereophile.com/content/god-nuances), the 23 may make your more laissez faire about room acoustics. Not a bad thing....
Charles1dad-

Hard not to like your own speakers in any room, so yes of course I enjoy sound at Phil's. But yes, I think it's a compromise and there is room for substantive improvement.

The contention that just because a room has treatments that it interferes with a living space is erroneous as well. I have architecturally interesting diffusers and ceiling tiles (vs. hidden) and host a variety of events during the year. I did art panels that turned out great in the back of the room with top of the line photography. I would have my reflections panels hidden as well if it were a more permanent installation- but as a result I have 3 grey panels that blend in with my wall paint color, but are somewhat obtrusive. I can take them down for any party if I'm that particular. And yes, I have a coffee table.

I just find a lot of made up excuses when it comes to treatments. Most people spend leagues of time worrying about the wrong things--when room/speaker makes by far makes the biggest difference in sound. Even 213Cobra has never tried an external piece of room treatment in his room, so until then all of his opinion is really just pure speculation.

One last thing- the thing people notice the most coming into my room isn't treatment, but the Zus themselves. So if you want gear that is hidden and unobtrusive, please look to a traditional looking speaker. They think I'm a whack job right when they come in the door!
I think that my Def 4s in piano black with the "silver" trim are perfect for the aesthetics of my living room. On another note, even though I have had my Def 4s since October, they continue to evolve; and the recent changes are substantial. Sean says that "they" have similar observations back in Ogden - which is why Zu has increased the in-house break-in period to 600 hours.
Keithr,
I do understand your overall point and it makes sense.
Looking at your system page the room is quite tidy and attractive. I imagine your sound is very good and inviting(especially with the simple circuit tubed Quad driving the Def IV).
Regards,
Yea the 23 is mandatory to open up the SS and cut down on the hum coming from the 845 !