Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Could someone clarify:

Is the MK3 an actual speaker for sale or is it JUST an upgrade path for owners of prior defs? If it is a standalone speaker they build and ship for $7500, doesn't that kinda kill resale of prior Definitions as well as call into question the current price structure?
Hi Gopher,
Def mk Iii is an upgrade for all prior Definition models to get them as close to the mk iv status as possible in the prior enclosures. So no it is not a built from scratch speaker, but more of a recycling of prior Def models. And I think they are sold as they become available, I.e as a Def mk ii owner ships them back in exchange for a credit for the mk IV's. If I understand correctly, they add extra cabinet bracing, upgrade the Drivers and put new amps in the subs.
There maybe a few details that I am missing, but the biggest difference is that the prior enclosures do not work for the new upgraded tweeter and therefore the mk III uses the older tweeter which is the same as the prior definitions as well as the Superfly, Omen Defs, etc.. I do believe that the mk iv also has the new base that is not included in the mk III.
I just purchased a pair of the Def III's. I was informed that mine started life as Def II's that were traded in by someone for the Def IV. All I can add to Morganc's description of the Def III modifications is a rebuild of the tweeter (as per Zu's website). I also understand that this transformation is on a limited time only and will seize by the end of this summer.

By the way Morganc, I am driving these Def III's with that wonderful PX25 you sold me. Loving it!
I have demoed 2 different ST's on my Def2 speakers. One was a 6.5K ST that upgraded my Def2 to Def3.78. It was an all directional ST that I felt made a huge upgrade in sound to the speakers overall performance. The $$$ for the ST in the end was just to much to pay.
Hey, hope this thread isn't losing priority because Def 4 owners are bored with them? Hopefully it's because you're all glued to your seats listening to them!
So I'm due to have mine installed by early Sep after they've gone out for professional review.
Interestingly, I've got my tt sounding really sweet. While still in the belt drive fold I always felt sound thru the Def2s was lagging behind the example set my my digital. Now my direct rim drive tt/air bearing linear arm is overtaking digital again and the 2s are struggling to perform of their best.
All you happy Def4 owners out there, tell me more how I'm going to be bowled over in the next couple of months.