Anyone own Nordost TYR or ODIN?

I have a set of Nordost Blue Heaven and a set of Heimdall IC's that I'm selling on the bay and thinking of replacing them with either the TYR or maybe Odins.. both are 1M and sound about the same to me, so I'm wondering if the TYR would be enough of a move. All my power cords are Blue Heaven running from a dedicated line to a QB4 distribution box. Thanks in advance.
polk432
I have auditioned the TYR 2, Valhalla and Odin IC's in my system. Each step up provided enhancements that were quite apparent. Within the context of my system the Odin IC's were the best by far. Frankly, I was shocked by how much better the Odin IC's were compared to Valhalla. One of the most memorable auditions ever. Given the price difference, the TYR 2 was the better value, but money aside the Odin was the clear winner.
I also auditioned the TYR 2 and Odin speaker wire. I actually didn't notice that much of a difference between these two, making the TYR 2 a great value.
I would strongly recommend a home audition to see what combo would work best for you. As a side note, it is very likely Nordost will be coming out with "Valhalla 2" before the end of the year.
Good luck!
I just replaced a Frey IC with a Tyr and the difference is pretty amazing. One of my reference CD’s is Chris Rice’s “What a Heart Is Beating For”. On the first cut (So Much for My Sad Song), a rhythm guitar comes in and out of the right channel. With the Frey as well as several other IC’s… it’s almost hard to hear… with the Tyr… it’s loud.
@ kurt_tank, Hi,I was currious to what solid state amp you have or heard,you said,solid state is lean sounding,since there is no tube bloom in the mid-range,mmmm,All I can say is I have awsome tube and solid state,my solid state amp has excellent mid-range bloom,Its a Krell 700cx!,kinda old I guess,however,it is a awsome amp with the right cables,say,like Taralabs zero gold i/c,omega gold speaker cable,cabolt a/c power cable that I do have!,,I like nordost,not for this system!,to me,this system sounds as real as it gets!
Hi polk432, I would go with the valhalla cables over the tyr2, but be careful not to run all nordost thru-out your system,the out come is a diminishing return in sound quality,you might experiment doing so and realize were you need to put what cable were,the nordost are great sounding cables if you know how to use them where they need to go!Happy Listening!
Thanks for all the repilies. If I get the Heimdalls and BH sets sold I'll try to find a way to give a listen first due to the costs. I'm one of those if it costs 4 times more, it better be 4 times better not 2 or 3. Thanks to all again.