Anyone pairing Cornwall IVs with solid state amplification to good results?

Because I have an obsessive need to try out all sorts of gear, I paired my Cornwall IVs with a nice Marantz PM KI Ruby integrated.  What surprised me was I actually liked a Class D design at a "reasonable price" and the resulting sound is more than livable.  It's a great pairing. 

There's little chance I sell off my tube museum of gear and valves, but this experiment was a pleasant surprise.  I have now tried them with push pull EL 34, KT88/KT120, KT150, 300 B, and Class A solid state, and Class D solid state. 

Any of you out there in hifi land using a solid state amplifier with Cornwall IVs or a horn loaded speaker to great effect?   I am appreciative to hear your experience. 

128x128jbhiller

I was only offering a low-end suggestion. I would be happy to use a Topping PA5 in place of one of my high-end amps! I can confidentially bet that the PA5 can go 15 rounds with any high-end amp! 

Mr Bourne have you heard your recommendation with horns or the speakers in question?  

Also, Mr. B, what are your high-end amps that the Topping PA5 sounds as good as or that you would at least be happy with per your post?  

You have me intrigued. 

Ozzy62, how does your Allnic sound with your La Scales? --Sorry if off topic. :)

The Parasound JC1+s sound killer on horns. Actually, they sound killer on just about anything. The sound is airy and effortless. Sweet might be another way to describe it. They sound like very powerful tube amps but with great bass. Although the price is up to $18K they still qualify as the best value in a high performance, high power amplifier. 

I bet Atma-sphere amps would do well on horns. I have not heard them drive horns but Ralph Karsten uses horn loudspeakers. They are not SS but a very different kind of tube amp without output transformers.