Anyone with a high-end home theater sans sub?

Is anyone else out there enjoying a high-end home theater without the contributions of a subwoofer, e.g. 7.0?

I always planned on getting one (partly because folks selling speakers say I need one), but enjoy what I've got enough to question spending another $2-$5K on a sub(s) for the deep bass extension.

(As a reference, I have Aerial 8b's, 2 pair of SR-3's, CC3b, Meridian 568v1 processor, and Theta Dreadnaught amp.)
quicke
I guess if you need your posts proof-read, and your grammar corrected, you talk to Walden. If you need your home theater (come on over, anytime folks, really!) done to a world class level, then you call me!...seems fair enough, sure...lol
20 years, 6 audio stores, and 2 high profile "Showcase homes" can't be wrong you know...
Actually I have found that an HT setup with no center and a sub sounds superior to a center and no sub. I will caveat this with the fact that the fronts I am using are the Aerial 10 T's with a very nice processor, (Cal 2500).

I'll go a step further and say that the system without the center did not give up any ground to the system with the center when I am sitting in between the two fronts. If you are looking at buying a front end, spend what you would have put into the sub into your fronts, you'll be rewarded with superior imaging & soundstaging and two channel playback will benefit as well. The sub was the last piece of the equation I added, (Rel Strate III) and the family did enjoy watching movies with only the Aerials up front...the sub took the movie experience up a notch and as a bonus improved the two channel set up to even a greater degree.
Mmm, Look at this pile of wrongness, see what happens when I'm not around. A view askew for sure...gentlemen must focus power and be realistic, lots of rights spoken here with just enough wrong to make a mess.

It's neat to have the .1 channel handled by a sub or two for really one reason in my mind, the best location for bass and the best location for midrange clarity from a single speaker are usually not the same spot. BUT!! from a shear output perspective 7.0 can work, with passive speakers bring the 3-400---1000 watt amplifiers cause the powered subs do.

DSP8000's will do 115dB at 30hz, good enough in my book

Do I actually see a positive post on the BP2000's? whoa where am i? Flrnlamb you been drinking?

Hey Aroc, I'm hiring a new jock holder, want to send your resume, you may just know enough to get the job. ;)

"if you watch tasteful flicks that don't need LFE"
tasteful= weenie A closing door uses LFE my friend
Since you brought it up (too many times to count) Flrnlamb, where can one go to buy gear from you and receive some of your wisdom? Also, I'm curious, which two "high profile showcase homes" did you do? And which six stores were you at?