ATC SCM19 V2 Recommendations.

I recently purchased a pair of ATC SCM19 speakers and I just wanted to pick some brains.

I am not interested in advice on different speakers or very expensive options.

I am recently retired, on a fixed income and buy mostly used.

What I would like to get is some options for speaker cables, speaker stands, speaker placement and synergy with my current components.

My room is 12' x 18' x 9' and the speakers need to be placed on the 18' wall.

My current setup includes the following:

Musical Fidelity M6si integrated (220 w @ 8 ohms)

Tellurium Black speaker cables

Lumin D1 Streamer

Denafrips Ares II DAC

Distributed bass array with (2) Rel T5, (1) Rel T7i and (1) SVS SB2000 subs

128x128tony1954

@kota1 

I had a look at the Dolby site, but everything seemed to be linked to Dolby Atmos?

You should check out the Audio Physic speaker placement. I thought it was more progressive and more suited to two channel setups.

@lonemountain 

No identifying marks on the stands. They are all metal, powder-coated design that the original owner filled with something. Each stand weighs around 20lbs.

Tried to make them ring, but all I got was a metallic thud.

Front of speaker is 42" from front wall. I was born a few hours north of the Cotswolds in Radcliffe, but emigrated to Canada when I was 3 years old.

The Dolby specs I posted above are for a 2.1 system. You can try it and see how it works in your room. I'll check out the audio physic site, thx.

I opted for just over shoulder toe in that gave me best sound stage.Directly was good but i  felt that over shoulder gave me broader stage.Your stands look worthy enough.Big believer in sound anchors for atc's.If they are spiked make sure they are secured to floor!...all i know is the effort really made the difference with the 19v2's.They give back whats put into it.Like the power rating from amp!

Brad (lm) knows these things...🎶

I'd fill the stands with dry play sand.  It will provide a less resonant foundation, and less easy to tip.