Atma-sphere 3.0 to 3.1

Has anyone else done the upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1 - I have M60s of very recent vintage with power and vcap upgrades. It does not seem expensive. I do wonder what the changes are internally and how the perfomance changes, improves? with the upgrade.
pubul57
I believe that most of the updates reside in the PS and on mine they removed the Class A/AB switch.
Is that class A A/B switch on the M60 3.0? If it is, I never saw it before. I did have the power regulation upgraded 1-2 years ago, so I wonder if my unit would see much changed in the PS.
These were originally Mk 2.3 that had been back in the 18 to 24 month window for upgrade to 3.0. They are MA-1's as well. I do not know the history of the Class A/AB switch on the various models. The upgrade from version 3.0 to 3.0 was significant according to Ralph and the amps confirmed that upon their return. Just do it.;-)
The 3.1 update is a change to the voltage amplifier. It affects all our amplifiers. The change reduces measurable distortion- by about 90% at full power.

Distortion has two audible properties in audio circuits, the first being that it causes harshness. The second is that it can mask underlying detail. So eliminating it (if done without using feedback) will make the amp both smoother and more detailed at the same time, and that is what people report when they hear this change.

Because it only affects the voltage amplifier circuit of the amp, its relatively inexpensive (if you already have the MkIII), but like we do anytime one of our products is updated to the latest level, the warranty is reactivated.