audiphile power cords

Do upgraded power cords really make a significant difference in sound quality? I have a Jolida 502p that I think sounds pretty good. What do you recommend for a power cord that would make a significant improvement?
al2214
Rockadanny, I've wrestled with the same issue. I recently took the plunge and purchased some Pangea cords. I played around for a few days and decided that my DIY cables were good enough for me. Yes, I think perhaps the AC14SE sounded slightly better when connected to my Oppo103, but the difference was slight and certainly NOT significant by any contrived definition. I use hospital grade connectors and decent wire of either 12 or 14 gauge. Another thing to keep in mind is the size of these cables. Some of these cables are so big and heavy that they need to be supported.

You might find greater sonic improvements by investing in room treatments.

Thank you Pgawan2b. I've done, some treatments (bass panels behind me, 1st reflection points, floor in front of speakers) and it has helped. Power is the final thing for me to address, thus my questions. Also going to do dedicated lines.
I have the Pangea AC14SE cords as well, and would tend to agree with Pga on most points except I would qualify that the difference with these versus any other cord might vary widely case by case.

In my case, I like the sound with them on my DAC especially and pre-amp in that noise and distortion seems lower, but it is quite subtle and hard to quantify. A nice product though for the cost. I'm sure there are many others as well. Power cords are definitely something to consider when dealing with system power considerations, though its hard to say what is best or worth it. The good new is there are many options at many price points.
All you guys have to do is listen with a standard PC and try something good. You need to be deaf to not hear it. Or, I guess, if you don't hear it, your rig is not revealing enough.