AV Receiver that deals with 6ohm speakers

im fancying a pair of monitor audio RX6 speakers 6ohms for a home theatre im building downstairs... now i get to choose an amp and i cant find one that deals with anything below 8ohms..
i liked the NAD T748 and i wrote crutchfield and they said the NAD will only deal with 8ohms period unless i want to upgrade to an external amp to power the speakers.... that is an option im considering but i dont have the money "right now " to deal with....
any other receivers worthy of 2 Channel Audio also that deal w/ 6ohm speakers?
jrouten
If NAD has a reason to “CYA”, then it’s only true with a few of their products. Most of the A/V receivers are rated for a minimum of 4 ohms. Looks like the amp stage is NOT the same for all of their receivers.

Stereophile link is for the RS6, and speaker in question is the RX6. As stated previously, the RX6 drops to 3.9 ohms/nominal 6 ohms. Then add the RX Centre with 3.0 ohms minimum/nominal 5 ohms for home theater, and the T748’s reliability is compromised.

Disagreeing with a manufacturer’s recommendation is just asking for trouble.
Sorry.

My bad read on the model # in the linked review (I assumed the link was for the speaker in question). Tls also makes a good point about disregarding a recommendation.

However, not all nominal 6 ohm loads are created equal, and I'm sure NAD's "CYA" 8 ohm warning is designed to minimize the likelihood that the T748 might see a really rough patch from a nominal 4ohm speaker. The RS6, per the review, looks to be a very benign load. Given the common provenance of the RS and RX, I kind of doubt that the RX6 and it's center/side companions would be a problem for the NAD, but I certainly cannot say that for sure, so...

as Tls points out - it's not entirely without risk.

Marty
Oops! Sorry for the wrong model number. The one thing that bugs me is, they were supposed to have settled on a 8 ohm standard for home theater years ago.