Average Price Spent for Speakers

Everyone reading this, please respond if you will. What is the average price you spend on a pair of loudspeakers? What determines that expenditure amount? Earlier in your hobby life, what determined how much when you were a neophyte?
Also, for non audiophiles, if there are any reading this site, what do you spend, and what determines that amount?
In the absence of non audiophiles, everyone out there, what do your non audio friends spend for speakers (if they do buy)? Where do they shop? What is the determining factor in HOW much?
Thanks for your response.
Larry
lrsky
No sweat on those great 805s; you'll get them to work in your new place. I also had to drop my speakers into our retirement home's 'living' room which is now the music and art room. Your 805s have about the same footprint as mine and will do fine in a room that's not large, I'll bet. Best of luck.
30 years ago I spend about $1700 for a demo pair of full range (mirage M3), coupla years ago I spent something similar for bookshelf (LSA) and just spent $2500 for used pair spatial audio.

I can't even remember what all I've had over the years let alone what I paid.
Average price is of course nonsense, being measured as it is in fiat currency units of no intrinsic value and that have had almost all their purchasing power inflated away over time.

But, this got me thinking. We could instead measure it in something stable like gold. But while the gold price has been more stable over time, it has been so egregiously manipulated since Bretton Woods this only works over large spans of time. Back in Roman times a top quality toga cost about an ounce of gold. Today, about the same. There were however no loudspeakers in Roman times. So far as we know. (University courses teaching Critical Speaker Theory notwithstanding.)    

In any case, there were such huge price moves (gold priced in FRN), from 1973 to the high in 1980, to the ridiculous low in 2000, speakers priced in gold moved all over the place.

Then it hit me, hours. Back when I was working minimum wage it took about 100 hours to buy my first pair of JBL. Now working x-ray it took about 100 hours to buy my Moabs. The VIX on hours is much lower. I would say the average is right about 100.
I have found,for me,the best bet is buy used. I have three pairs of speakers that I rotate through 2 systems . Nola Boxer 2's, Graham Chartwell LS 3/5's,and a pair of Hornshoppe Great Horned Heils. I purchased them all used,at least 50% off of list. I love each and every one of them.