Axe to grind know it alls

Recently I have noticed that there are people who apparently enjoy having controversial posts. One in particular stands out. I have no problem with people expressing different opinions but are they doing this just to get attention? They don’t care what the responders to their posts have to say as only their opinion is the correct one and everyone else is wrong unless they agree with the op which is rare.

I have always looked at the Audiogon forums as a resource to get information and exchange ideas . When the post is a one way street, I think it does little if anything to contribute to the forums so going forward I will just ignore their posts.  Anyone else irritated by these posers?
128x128lwin
"If you can't stand the heat, don't enter the kitchen."

I can take the heat, I just wanted to make an omelet.

Tim
Tim, I'm allergic to eggs:(  I do think an anthropologist would find this thread interesting. 
I have never ground an axe, but I did grind a splitting maul once as it had developed some pesky deformities...worked better after grinding.
I feel that the authority to delete posts should be left to the moderator.  If an OP has the authority to delete posts then that person basically only wants yes people or people that only agree or say what they want to hear and not allow alternative opinions.  Yes, rudeness should be a capital offense here, but not agreeing?  

I, for one have enjoyed and learned much from contributors that some didn't appreciate.  

When there is name calling, insults or "trolling", the the moderator should step in. 

Most have gotten to where they are in the audio world totally differently that I did.  My taste are different than my friends.  But, we  do agree that although it may be my style, good music is good music.  I'll like and appreciate any music that is good.  Be it "classical (don't like that reference), jazz, blues, country, ethnic, non-English, you name it.

same for equipment.  Well made, well designed, nice sounding equipment just is.

Yeah, some people do have an axe to grind.  So what?  Let them rant.  no harm done, and I don't have to participate if I don't want to.

I appreciate this forum and most (vast majority) of the people that contribute.  I've seen references to music, equipment, artist from members here that I would have never found out about. Even from the so-called negative posters. 

I don't care for rude people. That is unnecessary.

I get a chance to read about and interact with people I would never have the opportunity to meet or interact with.

That is a good thing.

You want the rudeness to come out?  Start talking about Bose equipment here.

anyway, with the state of the world the way it is now, enjoy your music, acquaintances, family and friends.