Back to the DAC

Just a bit of an update. When I inquired about a DAC upgrade in a recent post, it was suggested that I look at upgrading my cables first. Since then, I have done so (see my virtual system for that). Not over the top stuff, but a definite improvement over the mostly stock, generic cables I originally had.

System is sounding pretty darn good, but like most of us, you always wonder what a more expensive DAC will offer in the way of sound quality improvements.

Many of the recommended, higher priced DACs seem to include streamers and/or offer pre-amp capabilities. I have a good streamer and pre-amp and really don’t want all those components in one box.

Have any of you experienced a DAC which offers the sound qualities of highly praised units like the Mola Mola Tambaqui, DCS Lina, T&A 200, Weiss DAC501, etc. which their only function is a DAC?

128x128navyachts
Post removed 

@navyachts 

Sorry, I haven't heard any of them. I have also been shopping for a DAC in that range, and my research has led me to those. The ones that are just a DAC. It's hard to audition DACs. My local store has only 1 DAC, and it's $15K. A bit out of my budget.

@ghdprentice the Mola Mola has streaming capabilities as well, so is in that all-in-one category. 

@tvad point well taking, but tough to demo if you're buying used, which maybe be my case, depending on the price!

Post removed