Best Digital Amps

Out of Spectron, Tact, CarverPro, Bel Canto etc.
twilo
The fellow who started the thread, a long time ago, used the term, "digital," loosely. Generally, the discussion has been about class D amps. The ICE based amps are actually analogue, due to their method of signal modulation.
The H2O site isn't up yet. The site builder is waiting for pictures. The amp builder, Henry Ho, has been too busy with getting amps out to take pictures. As of now, there is only his temporary email address, which you will need to email me for.

Henry lives in Virginia.

I have pictures of the prototype amp Henry sent me four months ago. Soon I will have the monos and I will post pictures of them in a review.

Hope this helps,

Vince
Muralman1...I think that we call an amplifier "digital" if its output stage is pulse-width-modulated (high speed switching transistors ON or OFF) rather than a proportional conduction device (transistor or tube). The control module, ICE, Tripath, or whatever, is a (perhaps important) detail.

What makes the H20 amp good? Raves don't carry much weight without some backup facts. The $2000 price (but it isn't really for sale yet) is no great deal. My three (3) CarverPro amps cost me $2517. That's $0.69 per watt!

CarverPro not only has a web site with specs on their product, but also offers the schematic diagram for techies like me. When will H20 lay their cards on the table?
Eldarford, TacT owners will scold you for that summation. ;) Carver is a long time company with lots of employees. H2O is a start up company that is run solely, with the help of his friends, by the builder, Henry Ho. The H2O is for sale. What makes you think it isn't? Have you ever heard an ICE powered amp?

If amp quality is based on price per watt, then I've been barking up the wrong tree. Yes, I'd rather the H2O company had their site up, before selling amps. I have owned a number of great amps, and have heard far more. The H2O is unmistakingly the finest I have ever heard.

Stats are not very germain when comparing class D amps. The ICE module amps all have about a 117 s/n, 93% efficiency, 250 watts per channel, etc... What separates out the H2O is it's 150,000 micro farads of power capacitance, a 1 kw transformer, and a very strong analog power source. It's not all that that makes an amp wonderful, but how it is implemented. Hearing is the proof.

So far, owners of well reviewed eAR, Bel Canto, and PS Audio amps, to name a few of the "digital" amps, have bought H2O amps as replacements.

Do you know any owners of the above to switch their amps for a Carver?