Best low budget speakers for a Levinson 383 Integrated amp

Howdy folks!

I bought a Levinson 383 integrated years ago when it came out in 2000. I paired it with a pair of Revels and although it sounded good, not the perfect fit. Sold amp and speakers to sis and moved on. It worked perfect for her. After her recent passing, the amp is coming back home. Just curious what speakers you might suggest pairing it with. Nothing will replace my McIntosh Piega C10LTD combo in the main room but would like to hear it paired with the right speakers. That amp new was $6000 new. 100 watts. 

Something on the used market. They don't even need to look pretty just sound perfect. $2000 tops used is plenty. Thanks for your suggestions! 

Brent

128x128knollbrent

Guy I once worked with had that Levinson 383 and played Egglestonworks Fontaines in his big-ass office. Not gonna lie, was pretty great great.

Another Maggie's fan here i'd go with the 1.7 used provided you have the space.. and maybe add a sub. 

You don't have enough power there to drive Maggie's properly and I said Properly....The most "musical and Fun" to listen to IMO is the $1500 pr................wait for it.....................KLH Model 3 with stands. I have 15 pr. of speakers and these are a real kick to listen to...Cabinets are gorgeous...Many have said they love the sound of the 3's over the 5's. Good Luck.

this may sound like a funny suggestion but can i recommened something vintage? maybe somethng to change the mood in this set up. 

Look for some vintage A/D/S three way design speakers. They are all quite good and well within your budget. I think you'd be surprised. ADS speakers have not really gone nuts in the used market like other vintage speakers have and IMO are some of the best from that erra. The three way designs use an excelet soft dome tweeter and Midrande. its the soft domed midrande thats the star of the show. they aslo have very good bass, sealed designs very well damped cabs for the time. 

I have a great main system but i dable in vintage audio for my office reason I love ADS so much. I have L710's and L910's and I still toss the big L910 into my main system for a listen as thay do so much right. very impressive for what they cost on the used market. considering old Klipsch LaScalas are going for silly money on the used market, most larger (Three way's) ADS speakers way out perform the Klipsch. Most are quite efficent as well and will pare nicely with your Levenson. 

Look at all these fine recommendations. I appreciate everyones comments! When paired correctly, this amp and it's surrounding components will shine. I like the idea of some nice monitors on stands. Putting this together for the future.