BEST LOW VOLUME FULL RANGE SPEAKERS?

I LISTEN TO MOSTLY INSTRUMENTAL CLASSICAL AND JAZZ AT PRIMARILY LOWER VOLUME LEVELS. MASTER BEDROOM=AROUND 210 SQUARE FEET WITH GOOD ACOUSTIC PROPERTIES.
1) I WOULD LIKE FLOOR STANDING SPEAKERS WITH GOOD BASS INTO 20HZ RANGE THAT DO NOT REQUIRE SEPARATE SUBWOOFERS.
2) THE SPEAKERS SHOULD LOOK GOOD (WAF)AND SHOULD NOT BE TOO BIG,SMALLER THAN 4.5 FEET IN HEIGHT.
3) I COULD SPEND AS MUCH AS 10K OR MORE, BUT WOULD LIKE TO FIND A USED OR DEMO PAIR FOR MUCH LESS THAN THAT.
4) AT THAT MUCH MONEY, THE SPEAKERS SHOULD HAVE GREAT DETAIL, AND THEY SHOULD NOT BE LACKING IN ANY AREA.
I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS. MY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR.
REGARDS,
JOHN
jhwalker
I would third Audiokinesis. The fact that the electrostats have one crossover point between the pannel and woofer make for a more seamless blend between the two. I'm not terribly familiar with the SoundLabs but with judicious use of tone controls you can usually make an electrostat sound very full at low volumes without being congested assuming the pannel is covering a large enough portion of the spectrum.

Do keep in mind that most electrostats are funny about room placement so you will need some freedom of movement away from front and side walls.

Good luck!
I'm going to fourth, fifth, sixth, or whatever Nrchy and Duke are pointing out.

Lower volumes, without some sort of equalization will not get you where you are trying to go. The answer lies not only in your speakers, but what comes ahead of them. I will say that no matter what loudspeakers you choose, the right amplification will go a long way towards giving you a sense of weight or not. From what I see and hear, most of what I hear these days does not.
To Trejla's point... an amp/system, that is known to me, that works very well **with the right speaker** at conveying music at low volume is the DNM gear.
My choice for this application would be the Merlins VSM- MX speakers. Small footprint, gorgeous sound at low, medium and high levels, excellent soundstaging, easy to drive and stunningly good looking. There are literally hundreds of speakers that "might" work - these WILL warm your soul with their musicality and presentation.
Try the Andra II or III, if you want smaller get
the II, you dont need to listen in high volume
to please you with this speakers.I play the
music like you.