Best Musical Home Theater Speaker

I'm new to the forum and didn't quite find what I was looking for during an archive search on this topic.

I'm ready to buy a new audio system and the speakers will also be incorporated into a Home Theater setup. I listen to music alone or musical dvd's 90%.

My budget for 5.1 speaker arrangement is $5000.
My source to drive the speakers will be an AVR type receiver. Possible B&K 307.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

nc2
notcat2
Thanhn, he mentioned speakers, but he also mentioned his intensions, along with his music vs. HT preferences, and he also mentioned purchasing a new system. And he described why he was about to do so. And he even stated the amount allocated for part of his system (speakers).

That seemed to be enough info to offer possible alternatives.

Somebody recommended Von Schwiekerts, another Aerial 10T's (which I also own) I would recommend either.

So where's the fire?

-IMO
I clicked on this thread to see what speakers are good for theater. I am quite impressed with some of the new digital theaters being used at the newest Edward's Cinemas in my area. They do music wonderfully well. I would like to build a home version in the near future separate from the two channel, ofcourse. So, lets try to answer NotCat2's question. Any good theater speakers to speak of?
I really appreciate all the feedback. I know most listeners here take their music listening seriously. I have known people over the years that would never listen to anything but 2-channel stereo. Also have a couple of friends that are slowly giving into multi-channel (3) by adding a sub.

But with that said, I currently own several multichannel produced cd's. The future of music collecton will surely include many DVD-Audio and Multi-channel SACD releases. I hope to listen to these selections as they were intended.

These would of course bring us back to the original post question. I know I could get quality musical fronts but was hoping someone would advise on system of speakers like B&W, Paradigm, even Klipsch reference. Something that would match timbre around the room.

Example: I've seen on Vienna Acoustics website where they suggest on a certain channel being matched up with a certain line of their main floorstander.

Thanks again for your time.

nc2
If you're serious about multichannel music, you're really putting yourself in a box. For a while I had matching L-C-R speakers but very non-matching surrounds, and that was just fine on movies. At that point I had something like 8:1 investment ratio in the L-C-R vs the surrounds. Then I got a few DVD-As and discovered that the good ones REQUIRE matching surrounds to be sensible. To an interesting degree this means that you have to have matching speakers, which does limit your choices.

I think I'd agree, though, with some of the others - buy into a product line that you like for music and then add the surround channels later. I won't make a recommendation but rather mention what I've used. My first system used 4 ProAc Tablette 50s and a ProAc CC1 - and it had to have a sub because the little things just don't go down below 50-60 Hz. You can get a setup like this for around your $5K, including the sub but not stands. (The Tablette 50s have been replaced by the Tablette 8, which is even more impressive.)

My current system uses Martin Logan Odyssey / Cinema / Scenarios / Descent and is far outside your $5K budget. You might start with something like Scenarios / Cinema / Grotto and then add either Script surrounds or upgrade the mains to another ML (Aeon / Ascent etc) and repurpose the Scenrios as surrounds.