Best "Used" Audiophile speakers for 1000-1500

I just got my federal taxes done and I'm in the "red"; so, I can't spend $4000 for hi-end speaker this year or maybe ever. Need some input on buying a good "used" audiophile speaker for somewhere between $1000-1500.I realize this is a narrow range but I'm sure somebody out there needs the cash and may want to part with a good to mint pair of speakers which retailed for near $3000. Can't wait for better times to come around!! because, I am tired of listening to the cheap pair of mid-fi cans I found in my friend's basement after I sold my B&W's to finance my dream hi-end speakers. All advice appreciated.
sunnyjim
Meadowlark Kestral Hot Rods--ditto. You'll forget about hifi craziness and just enjoy your music collection. Wonderful speakers, usually available used for around $900. Hard to go wrong there....
spica tc-50 with stands on sale here at agon ...
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrmoni&1017518259
Then supplement with a quality sub from REL or ACI.

Not the only option ... but for a total of $1500 would sound pretty damn good. Imaging, bass midrange .. all there.
Dunlavy SM-1s, add a sub later if you want full-range response. Even without, the SM-1 will get you to the mid-40s in a typical room.

It might be possible to by a pair of SC-IIIs for around $1500 or so, and you'd get some bass extension (mid-30s?) vs. the SM-1. Note that the new DAL management has just discontinued that model, replacing it with the SC-IIIa (nee Cantata), making the price of used/demo SC-IIIs a bit more affordable.
In this price range, no list is complete without the Vandersteen 2Ce or 2Ce Signature. This model continues to set the standard for high-value and performance among speakers that retail for around $1500.