Best Retailer Youve Done Business With?

Not a Top Ten Thread this time. But lets hear it for the Audio Dealers that are truly deserving and go that extra mile for your dollar. These people never get enough credit for all their hard work.
ferrari
Funny thing when I read the forum "best retailer" I thought I don't know the best but I know the worst. Funny thing is as I read down tons of other people think the same thing that Audio Perfection in Minn is the worst. The most aragant men, and everything the other guys all said. I remember In 1992 I was shocked when they said my kef 104 where decent, but since everything I have or used is the worst and theirs the best.

Do yourself a favor. Don't go to Audio horrible Perfection and check out a great place with great nice guys called HIFI sound in downtown Mpls.
Music Direct - great folks and service
Tim at Bradford's in Eugene, OR - one of the finest audio retailers anywhwere
Bob November of McKenzie River Music - guitars and amps but still the finest guitar shop on the planet!
Hungryear,

I agree about Audio Perfection not giving a red cent discount on anything. I was looking at spending tens of thousands on transparent cable and asked what kind of discount they could give for all of that and their answer was.....get this, "we feel all of our stuff is of great value already to not need a discount added on"! I could not believe that!

Thousands upon thousands for cable thats so incredibly marked high that the minute you get it home you would be lucky to get more then 50% of what you paid for it, and they say its a good value already.

The one guy mentioned stereoland instead of audio perfection and I agree. Stereoland has some decent stuff though not near what audio perfection has, but the guys at stereoland like HiFi sound in downtown Mpls are all great and down to earth.
DynamicAudio in Shinjuku and Harajuku (Tokyo, Japan). Very friendly, reasonably knowledgeable, great used stuff (I got most of my stuff there), not a very hard sell.
You are right "chadnliz" however my experience pre-2001 with audio dealers has been frustrating. I do feel guilty when purchasing online instead of paying homage to my local audio dealer. I just do not see the point of visiting my audio locally anymore or even in the LA metro area however I may checkout Gene Rubin audio in Ventura re: turntable.