Best Rock Drummers

I've seen most of them and by far the two that stand out are Neil Peart of Rush and Ceasar Z. of Golden Earring. For non-rock I would say it's a no brainer with Buddy Rich.
zar
No one has mentioned Kenny Aronoff and he should be recognized. Also, check out Rodney Holmes, he is simply incredible.

-RW-
There are loads of great ones, but this drummer's vote for the best in rock are:
Simon Phillips
Marc Brzezicki
Danny Carey
Dave Garibaldi
Vinnie Colaiuta
Joey Jordison
Jerry Gaskill

...no knocks against Bonham, Moon, Peart, Porcaro, Copeland, etc., who are all amazing drummers.

For non-rock I would say it's a no brainer with Buddy Rich.
Again, there are many great ones--Bernard Purdie, Han Bennink, Tony Williams, John Hollenbeck, Omar Hakim, etc....but for the greatest ever, I suggest that you see Dennis Chambers in concert. And remember to wear diapers.
I'll listen to ANYTHING Bill Bruford plays. He is so original and outside the box that it's breathtaking. He is one of a few drummers that you can identify his playing inmediately - not many you can say that about!
ok you guys, if you want to talk about the drummer as a musican and not just a studio drummer, but rather a musician that writes with the band, helps arrange and craft the song, not just a studio that records and tours then i nominate. in addition, the topic is ROCK drummers, and you guys are putting down all kinds of jazz and fusion guys. c'mon.

bill ward
stewart copeland
keith moon
bonham
most if not all of the obvious have been mentioned, but i don't think i caught anyone mention Matt Abts of Gov't Mule
Matt Abts needs respect...