Best speaker choice under $1000?

I'm looking to audition some new speakers, either floorstanding or bookshelf. I listen to mostly pop, dance, r&b, little hip hop.

I prefer a speaker with excellent sound stage, transparency and detail. Which speakers should I consider auditioning? (They will be paired with a Marantz receiver).
bello
Yes Team,

It takes some time but i have seen some in the piano gloss go for under 1K

Even though the black gloss was $200 additional they seem to go for less than the red maple.

i got mine (red maple) for 1200 with stands and shipping so close to the op's price range

even if you have to pay more they are worth it.

I have driven these with a Primaluna PL2 with EL34's at 35wpc and Vista Audio I84 EL84s at 15 wpc and while different both made these speakers sing.
I used to have a Marantz SR7001 Receiver, and the speakers that were best for all-types of music on this amp were Mirage OMD-15s. $800 for a new pair, on vanns. Amazing all-around speaker.

One other option to consider is active speakers. I have some Quad 12L Active stand mounted speakers that are explosive in their ability to go from absolute silence, to full volume. They have amazing detail and just enough warmth to not be clinical. I got mine for $750 new. This means you no longer need to worry about the amp in your receiver. It will just be the preamp.

Anyways, good luck.
Mot
Given your music preferences I'd look for a used pair of Monitor Audio RS6 or RX6. They're very detailed and transparent and will provide more of the bass that your music typically has and that most monitors can't produce adequately. A used pair of Silverline Preludes might work too. Best of luck.
I agree with Soix's recommendation of Monitor Audio. Their silver series is a great all around speaker. I used to have a pair myself. They do an excellent job with making a metal tweeter listenable; especially at the price point. Compared to my recommendation of the Vandersteen Model 1 I mention above, the Monitors are more forgiving but they are a traditional box speaker so you will hear some of the colorations that are associated with that type of design. That said, anything in that price range will have some type of limitations. Both are excellent choices, though. Also, they will work with your receiver.

Manoterror recommends the Mirage OMD-15. I haven't heard that model myself but I do think it is definitely worth a listen. I actually demoed my Monitor Audio's next to a different Mirage that was then current. I liked the MA better but it was pretty close. I almost bought them.