Best universal disc player that has great audio reproduction?

I was flirting with the idea of replacing my separate BluRay player and my Classe cd player with a all in one universal player.
The movie portion is used sparingly but I do have a fair collection of bluray and dvd discs so as long as a decent performer in that region that will be good enough.
The crunch obviously is in the audio reproduction.
Recommendations for a true universal player leaning towards audio on a budget of approx. 2k used.
Thank you
128x128uberwaltz
the newer SR cables are way better than their older line modded or not.....just advising the man to try to audition them and if can get a good deal on an IC and PC to start there assuming the room is already well treated. A good IC or PC can easily be kept for a decade or longer. Advising him to hot rod an oppo if money is limited is questionable advice given the shelf life of most dac chips. Most people who buy these hot rodded Oppo seems to sell them down the line......equipment I got is pricey BUT I have had the same equipment for a decade whether it be the dartzeel preamp or amp or mps-5 or the Evolution Acoustic MM3. Get a piece of equipment you love and build around it and get off the audiophile buy sell buy sell carousel imho. I doubt many people buy a modded OPPO and declare wow this is my last dac ever.  If you cannot afford a pricey piece of equipment the used oppo 105 is a terrific bargain and spend the extra coin somewhere else in your system......

Post removed 
Ok so I really do not want this to degenerate into just another cabling debate but this is my 3 cents worth.

In my many years of messing with audio I have found that the cabling always gave me the least bang for the buck. This not mean it has no effect as that would be stupid but to my ears in the rigs I have owned changing ic or pc or speaker cables have had little audible effect to my music,so traditionaly they have always been on the bottom of my upgrade lists.

Always made sure half way decent cables but never ones costing anywhere near the equipment itself.

Might I hear the difference with some SR cables? Quite possible but I am not even prepared to go there yet.

One other important point whether anybody agrees or not, my requirement is for a true universal player meaning bluray as well for video and bluray audio so while there are much better audio machines out there I need bluray as well. Which maybe makes a modded Oppo about the only choice....lol
sounds like you already made up your mind to buy the modded OPPO so why the hand wringing just buy it......

if you have never auditioned high quality cables you have never really heard cables and it sounds like you dont want to even think about hearing them (since your mind is made up) and why find out you might be wrong.........

not sure why people are so afraid to audition stuff and maybe not buy for awhile but at least hear what it sounds like so as to have something to shoot for down the road

but sounds like I am preaching to the wrong choir so goodbye and god bless

I actually think you made solid cable recommendations, kp. Just that it doesn't fit the situation here based on reading uberwaltz's posts.

God bless to you as well.

Dave