Best value record cleaner/cleaning system

Thought I would ask the group -- when I was last in the analog game some 12-15 years ago it was a VPI or Nitty Gritty for record cleaning (that and the wood-handled Discwasher pad with red-bottle liquid, Zerostat and Decca CF brush for just before playing an LP)... are these still the go-to standard units, or has the state of the art / ’value’ options advanced to some other kits in the present? I see cleaner units now from Pro-ject, Music Hall, Spin Clean, etc etc.

In my case I am not trying to ’deep clean’ mistreated, flea market or recycled recors store records... just good hygiene maintenance-cleaning of a treasured collection - 80% regular records, 20% ’audiophile’ pressings.

Thanks in advance.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjjss49
Post removed 
harold-not-the-barrel,

There has been an intrusion on my posts.

On another topic that I had started, I made clear yesterday of this fact.

Right now, all I can do is apologize for things (out of my control).

I shut my computer down yesterday and ran all of my Norton system controls in order to do what I could on my end.

I  don't know what else I can do on my end.

FWIW: Looking at our conversations now, I see the (extra, overlay (content) that I advised the Audiogon people two weeks ago. There has been some kind of intrusion regarding my posts here.

...having said this, and based upon your comment "you've explained your strange behauviour" had an effect on me.

I'll no longer try to be a member that attempts to have a real conversation on music. In fact, I'll most likely go dark.

Happy listening.
slaw,

Very well, I see your situation now. I just got the impression from your previous post that disgusts me. Whatever/by whoever it was meant to be I do not like calling names.

I come from a very different culture, some things are much insulting than in your culture I´d assume.

I haven´t read all this thread and I have no idea what the heck is going on here since that two weeks.

Someone/thing intruders your posts ? That´s another story. Truly annoying.
Contact customer help, they will do their best I strongly believe.
I have been mistreated too. Someone spread misinformation of my activities. Very tiresome.

I will delete my posts here soon ´cos I suddenly lost all interest to this particular thread.

Have a great day

slaw, I've not read this post for awhile, so going back a month to your comment I'll add this.

While my VPI was set properly as delivered, a friend received one which was not.  He is not a person with much patience so I offered to help.  Contacting VPI I was told (by Mike, though this was several years ago) about the 185 degree setting for the suction tube.  Thinking it through that makes perfect sense, but I agree it should have been in the manual.