Biggest audio hoaxes

Often when people discuss audio, they talk about "snake oil" or "hoaxes."

It's pretty typical to use the term hoax as a tactic against another who disagrees with one, or holds an unusual opinion or vouches for something which has not been verified. That's not what I mean by a "hoax." 

By "hoax" I mean an audio product or claim which has been pretty definitively disproved. Maybe not to everyone's satisfaction, but to common consensus.

So -- with that definition of hoax in mind, what are some of the biggest audiophile hoaxes you've heard of?
128x128hilde45
Post removed 
Insecure "audiophiles" who don’t have the intelligence to become electrical engineers and don’t understand the technology.
All your post to date (12) are sarcasms against a self erected "ennemy" called audiophiles and also insults like this one....

A linguist is an idiot compared to an electrical engineer in audio?

I dont like people who mock someone, but i can understand mutual antipathy, it is simple human affair; but i dont understand people who insult indiscriminately all a group of people.... This is called hate, but it is a hate without great power here whose name is stupidity....

I am not sure that someone with a great intellectual potential, able to think about number theory or universal grammar will take the time to stop here to insult people he does not even know in his 12 first posts...

Enjoy your own self created asylum....

Post removed