Bluesound mode not really cutting it

Running a bluesound node. Sounds pretty good but I feel like I can do better. I'm running a Black ice Dac thru a Schiit saga plus into a Mac Mc 152 and Lsa signature 20's. Looking to upgrade node I have 2 to 3 k to spend. Hard to find decent reviews. Any suggestions. Listen to blues classic rock and anything that sounds good. Have tenants downstairs so listen at moderate levels and kinda prefer realistic or almost tube or liquid sound. 

sgnevling

Received the Cambridge cvx v2. The dac sounded flat. Reconnected Black Ice dac and walla nice combination. Noticable sound difference from node. More intent and sparkle. More midrange silkyness. Had to order proper USB cable. So using coaxial at moment. All in all happy. See how long before the itch to upgrade comes back...Thx to all for sharing experience 

@sgnevling 

I have that DAC as mentioned in a previous response…

What tubes are you running with ?

Matched pair of Mullard 12ax7 ,They were recommended on a different thread somewhere. The Black Ice dac beat the Schiit Yaggrisil on one of the Dac tests. Wish it had remote Id bypass the Saga Plus altogether. 

@sgnevling 

NOS Mullard or Reissues ? I tried mine with reissues and wasn’t happy. Went with GE 5751 Black Plates and am blown away.