Bluesound Node2 with outboard DAC

Has anyone used the Bluesound Node or Vault for music streaming connected to a good outboard DAC and respond to how good the combo sounds. I see the Bluesound has great connectivity and streaming options with a good user interface. Curious if using with a good dac is worth the money. 
I'm using Ayre 5xeMP preamp,  Mark Levinson 532h amp and Revel Performa floorstanders. Cardas interconnects.  
Currently using OPPO 105d as my music player and streamer,  don't like it disconnects from my tablet app control a lot and hoping for better resolution. I use Tidal HiFi for streaming and usb hard drive for stored music files. 
Appreciate relevant replies. Thanks Audiogon group
lnitm
Absolutely!
I have been streaming Tidal and Deezer via my Vault2 for about 18 months.
I learned very quickly the onboard DAC is the weakest link by far on the unit.
I have output by spdif to a number of integrated amps with onboard dac vastly superior and the sq was impressive.
However to get full MQA unfolding you do need to use the onboard Bluesound DAC or send the signal to a DAC that has full MQA capability.
Unfortunately none of the DAC I have used have been MQA capable so I have been limited to 24/96 even on MQA masters titles. But this is still a very impressive quality and is now my main listening medium.
Latest dac is an Esoteric d07.
+1
My Vault 2 is toslink connected to a first generation Mytek Manhatten, and my Node2 also toslink into an Oppo 105.
I don’t do MQA.  Both DACs significant upgrades over the included Bluesound DACs
I have read that Toslink cable only support 24/96 resolution, not 24/192 and HiRes files. Anyone confirm This?