Building crossovers

I have a pair of Magnepan .7 and would like to upgrade the crossovers. Does anybody know where I can have this done. Just build the crossovers I will install.

arya

I guess the main question is the crossover component values.

If you can determine that, then since you say you can install them, attaching the caps, resistors, inductors are simple. Just follow the established path.

ozzy

BTW, my preference is Mundorf silver/gold/oil caps, Path Audio resistors and Jensen inductors. However, there are many other $$$ inductors. You can find these with an internet search, there are several places to buy them.

ozzy

I looked at an image of the crossover board , just one resistor and 3 caps ,

so replace the resistor with  mills or path audio since there is only 1, I used Clarity Purity caps when I upgraded my Thiel 2.7 crossovers . Size , Size and Size , your options can be limited .

Also  replace the fuse with a ceramic one .

Yep, as said above use the same values and quality components. I like path resistors. hook the ground wire to your black terminal. I used Mundorf in my crossover and it got expensive. but with only one cap go for a good one, silver, gold oil.

I’d probably leave the fuse out (just replace with straight wire) has it ever blown? I think a lot of people take the fuse out of their Magnapans but I’ve never owned a pair so I’m not sure.

And I’d rewire. I used Duelund tinned copper cotton with excellent results.

Jerry

Edit to add:  since you only have one capacitor, it probably feeds the bass.  but if it does feed the mids or highs, add a duelund bypass cap, .1mF in paralle.  It will cost $50 to $100 per channel.   If it is in the bass feed, then don't bother.