Cambridge Audio CXC Volume Control?

I’m curious if you are able to control the Volume output on this.  I am having gain issues on an amplifier I bought and the only way around it is to lower the volume on my source component...

128x128b_limo
I think it's a gain problem. I had a NAD C658 I set to fixed that ran into an integrated McIntosh and had the same problem. When I reduced the volume on the NAD sounded fine. I returned the NAD got annoying adjusting two volumes. A question not related have you ever had the Anthem volume ramp where it locked and you had to unplug it to get control? It was a problem on certain units which needed a firmware update. 
So it def. is a gain issue but I won’t be able to adjust the gain on a different source component, like the CXC for instance.

I’ve got to send the Anthem back to the seller.  Hopefully it’s not too much of a hassle.  It’s too bad because the modded Anthem sounded fantastic but I don’t see any way it was going to work with any other source component without a way to adjust gain on that component.

As far as a runaway dial, yes I experienced that on my last I225 but not my current one.  My current one has a remote that doesn’t work now, which seems to be another issue with them, as the modded units didn’t work either.
The runaway volume had me doing a football dive across my listening room one time to save my speakers; kinda sketchy, lol.

To get back to the modded one though, it had the sand cast resistors replaced with mills resistors, hifi tuning fuses and a completely different xlr board and op amps.  It sounded really smooth and powerful, great bass / punchy and great imaging.  I’m really bummed about the xlr gain issue because the mods def. took the amp to another level sonically.  
The XLR input is usually +6db over RCA? The CXC output is <75 Ohm the Schiit XLR output is 75 Ohm . I think the problem is the high output of the Node set to fixed I don't think you would have a problem with the CXC. Try another CDP if you have one around or could borrow. 
I got lucky the volume on mine would go down and lock instead of up. After I did a firmware update it was fine, wish I would have kept it . I think it was a great sounding amp stock. Of course as they get older they need new parts might as well improve it. 
@djones... I have to lower the gain on the Bluesound 15dbs though.

I have a stock Anthem I225 that I have been using and that is back in my rig right now, and have no issues running the Bluesound full volume... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Do you think the bluesound on fixed volume is that much higher output than a CXC?  15db’s?