Can cables of any cost and quality provide bass response missing in my B&W speakers?

I'm sure variants of this question have been offered previously, but let me ask in light of the following:  I have a very modest main system powered by an Adcom 555II amp, Adcom GFP-750 pre-amp, and run into a pair of B&W CM-4 speakers (6.5in woofer, 6.5in. woofer/mid. and tweeter, and bi-wireable).  Any music with a moderate-to- heavy bass component (organ, bass fiddle, etc) just doesn't translate to my ear.  I'm using a mid-range pair of Monster cables, and in fact tried a second pair of Z-Series to no audible difference.  On the other hand I have a legacy pair of a/d/s 1090L tower speakers (2x7.5in woofers, 6in. mid-range, tweeter) that deliver thundering bass when needed regardless of cabling used, and powered by the same system.  Even tried passive bi-amping for the B&Ws by using an old Carver M-500t amp for HF input, and Adcom amp for LF input...no diff.  Is there any point really in looking at higher-end speaker wire of, e.g., thicker gauge, or exotic geometry, or multi-conductor "shotgunning", whatever, in order to induce greater LF response from the CM-4s?  Thanks for your patience.
compass_rose
auxinput...so, how about just using No. 10/2 Romex cable...single Cu conductor, solid, unstranded?  I have about 50ft left over from running 240V service for a wall heater...always curious how simple electrical wire would work in home stereo setup.  Also, there is a stranded version as well - THHN #10, 19-strand pure Cu...cheap enough at Home Depot...not being sarky, a legitimate query.
Audioquest+1, my experience no cables can do what a subwoofer can do in terms of bass...
Of course, this is completely anecdotal, but the deepest and most prodigious bass I have been able to get out of my speakers has been with Cerious Technology Graphene Extreme speaker cables.  I was not expecting or prepared for how much difference they could make. 

Prior to that, I was using an old set of thick, heavy stranded copper cable by Esoteric, which I would have thought would give great bass.  The thing I like about the GE cables is that I don't even have to turn the volume very high to have the deep bass.  And everything else is great with these cables as well, including mids, highs, imaging, and sound stage. 

They used to offer a 30-day money back guarantee, not sure if that is still the case.
Save your money and try 9 or 10awg with simple bfa plugs... Plenty of options, belden 5t00up, van damme hifi 6mm, furez 10awg.... Move your speakers a few inches left right back or forward.  If that doesn't do it, tweek sub, or audition alternative speakers.
A point of interest I want to make about Polarity of speaker leads.
Just because the amp has red on red and black on black, and the speakers are the same doesn't necessarily mean all is correct. Sometimes one needs to change the leads on one speaker and listen. I learned that lesson the hard way with a pair of Legacey Signiture speakers many years ago.