Can we go back to 33's please?

Yes, I know we have a million records cut at 33.3, but now, I guess in an attempt to have a "super premium" image, some lables are cutting reissues at 45 rpm. I know Levinson did it way back - I have those and they sound great. The only thing is, I have many 33s that also sound great. I really don't feel like hassling with cleaning and storing 2 discs for each album and getting up every 10 minutes to change sides. I really think equal or at least almost equal quality can be achieved on 33. Listen to anything on Stockfisch, Opus3, Tacet, Naim. They do a great job with it. Not to mention many older RCA Red Seals and such. Is there anyone here who believes that 45 has the magic 33 lacks - all things equal?

Maybe it's my system - Linn, Rega RB700, Argo, is not capable of ferreting out the nuances of some other tables? Perhaps you folks with Caliburns believe 45s are the way to go? If not - tell the record companies and they might listen. I don't want to get up every 10 minutes. Sorry.
chayro
Chayro, of course those albums are available at 33 1/3-they're both reissues, so the originals (or reissues other than the 45 rpm) will always be available on the used market. The Evans/Bennett album will probably be somewhat harder to find, but Ebay, right now, has many copies of 'Night in Tunisia' for sale, including some sealed.

Surely, as a vinyl player, you're exposed to buying used-right?
I have an old copy of Night in Tunisia. I purchased the new reissues to see how much better, if any, they were. I was talking about reissues. I'm not nuts about used records, as I find them vastly over-graded.
jdaniel13..yes. i own lots of them too( no 45 rpm 'classical' releases though). I prefer long players that are indeed long players(the way the artists envisioned them). putting out two or more versions of a title (150-180-200 gram, 33&1/3 and 45 rpms are driven as much by sales as sound). there is a novelty and collectible aspect as well. As for my systems, they sound pretty good. I've also heard lots of A/B comparisons on lots of new high end tables, and as far back as the 1970's in pressing plants. If changing a record every couple of tunes is not a pain for you, enjoy.
For sure you certainly don't need a system at the level of Mikelavigne's or anything remotely close to hear what a well recorded record in 33 or 45 rpm has to offer.

All though I'm sure Mikes system would be a real thrill to experience.

If the sonics on the original master are excellent in the first place and haven't lost their sparkle over the years.
And these re-issue companies do the best to their ability then their release will be the treasure to own for any particular music that you enjoy.

Anyone with a decades old established record collection today is well ahead of the game of course.
However I would not want to be starting a collection today from scratch.

Choosing certain recommended re-issues which may already exist in your collection and finding the re-issue superior of your favorite music makes all the time and effort you put into building a system pay off big.

Think of the alternatives to today's re-issues, not only the music you like but wanting sonics to match.

I'm positive Thomasheisigs 1959 record of Waldon Facade at the top of this thread sells for more then $50.00 for a nice clean copy.