cardas speaker positioning

I have my speakers positioned within a living space. Compromised, but acceptable. With a few quick room tweaks, not bad.

Been feeling the upgrade bug lately, so I moved my 7 year old boxes into the recommended
Cardas position and...wow! My system now sounds like all the money I dumped into it.
Now I’m imagining those NEW speakers in this position!

A reminder-you really do have to get the speakers to play to the room.

I DO hear all the ’phile adjectives, but man, it sure looks ridiculous.

Without a dedicated space, how the heck do you guys explain having speakers (3-4ft+) out in the room to the S.O.?

Just curious, as I don’t have to answer to a "higher authority"

The girlfriend rolls her eyes anytime she sees what’s going on in my place.

tablejockey
Post removed 
"...once I finish building this Pass F5 Tubro V1."

Nice project there, kosst_amojan. Your Focals will sing. Your previous married experiences suggest staying single and finishing the Pass F5 project.

The Cardas calculator has my speakers 5' 8" out...waayyy out and sounding spectacular.

(((Without a dedicated space, how the heck do you guys explain having speakers (3-4ft+) out in the room to the S.O.?)))

Easy, technology and designer for-site.
Vandersteen Quatro's, many and most installations only 4 inches from the wall superb performance.
 Five's and Seven's all time correct to the recording with adjustable bass/ Room compensation
   Tun-able excellence while keeping You, the S.O. and fashion police all Satisfied.
Best,
JohnnyR
Vandersteen Dealer NJ

Post removed 
audioconnection- I see the 5's used at the upper end of my budget. If I decide on something in this range, those Vandy's just never appealed to me aethetically.

Great sounding speakers, never heard a show setup that wasn't pleasant.

Sonics are paramount, but I like looking at nice sounding funrniture.