Cartridge for Michell Gyro SE and SME 309

I am in search of a new cartridge for my TT in the 1-2K range. Only MC cartridge. 

. I already have Lyra Delos so was thinking of one of the Grado’s. Any suggestions?

couger4u

I don't know if this will help you, but I have a Michell Gyro Dec turntable that I bought from a local stereo store. It was their demo table that was up and running, so I had the opportunity to hear it before I bought it. The sale included the cartridge, which is a Benz Micro Reference. I like it so much that I still don't feel compelled to change it. 

@dogberry i know it’s not MC but MI, I wanted to try it if it’s a good match to my TT.

@tonykay I am intrigued by Benz but I heard awhile ago that it’s hard to get. I will check it out. Thanks.

I see. MI cartridges are well worth experiencing. In your price range you could easily fit a Nagaoka MP-500, or a Soundsmith Aida. I'd take either over a Grado.

One of my arms is a 309, and it holds a Soundsmith Sussurro. It's a lovely combination. I do have one of the more expensive Grados (Statement 3) but it struggles to keep up.

Just FYI, there is a Michell MC cartridge for sale here on Audiogon (The Music Room), within your stated budget. You might check it out.