CEC Belt Drive CD Transports vs Jay's Audio CD Transports

Hello,

I currently have a new LTA Aero Dac on order.  I have a feeling that I will be soon be ordering a new CD Transport to go with the new Dac and am trying to narrow down the options.

I am strongly considering either the Jay's CDT2MK3/CDT3MK3; but would also like to hear more about the CEC TL5 and the CEC TL-2N belt drive transports.

I'm curious if anyone has had the opportunity to compare CEC with the Jay's?

I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences - whether they be good or bad before I decide to pull the trigger.

Thank you and best wishes to you all!

no_regrets

@chayro Ouch, $100 for a little rubber belt is an insane mark up. The TL2N needs two! I have to believe that you could find on, the same size, from a rubber belt manufacturer for probably less than $10.

I appreciate you sharing the information with me though! I’ll have to give Constantin a call.

Thank you and Best wishes,

Don

@snopro Hello and thank you for your reply!  As nice as it looks in silver, if I go with the Jay's, I will want it in black, to go with the rest of my system components.

Best wishes,

Don

With the TL-5 , they have a 1 belt system and give you a spare belt at no charge...Mine is over 2 years old and shows NO sign of wear.