Class D amps,bang for your buck ones

Hello

First off,

I don't know much about class D amps, I did buy a Sonic Impact T-amp from Parts Express once to play with, I returned it because I don't have the speakers for it.

I did manage to hook it up to a pair of BIC Venturi horn speakers, and was floored with the clarity of the amp.

Those speakers had so many problems that I just didn't want to monkey with them, bad x-overs with busted pots,only sometimes could I get them to work right.

So, this leads me to my question.

Whats a high value class D amp with some hp/balls to drive normal speakers?

I'm looking for the Forte 4 of class D's, assuming (class D)is a tripath based/type amp.

Any suggestions or comments welcome.

I have an Accuphase pre and a minimax pre to use.

Thanks
mcgarick
There is a review of the W4S STI-1000 on 6moons. The pictures provided by the reviewers there are always a highlight. If you've ever looked under the hood of your PS Audio amp you could take a look at the pics and compare. It doesn't look to me that they are using the Gain Cell packs like the PS Audio gear. As you said though, the rear panel looks nearly identical.
Yes, Tim, I believe you are right. the GainCell is proprietary.

As a result, methinks, the input impedance of the PSAudio gear differs from that advertised for the ASP modules.

I'll check out the review, but am reluctant to crack a case at this time. It'd be a lot of hassle freeing it up.
I've heard it and repeated it.....that the 'd' amps using the B&O modules have more in common than differences (sound-wise), but is that TRUE?

Has anyone simply lined a bunch of 'em up and gave a reasonable listen?

The case and front panel...not to mention the backpanel layout is so similar to the PSAudio it makes me wonder.
i think a well designed class a amp is more pleasant to the ear than any class d amp, with the possible expection of the virtue audio, which has a tube front end.

ice power sounds icy (LOL)