Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
@guidocorona 

I'm glad you mentioned break-in hours again. I'm at 300 hours with my amp and it continues to settle in and get better.

Do you feel the lengthy break-in associated with class-D runs across the board? As I mentioned above I am running an amp that does not use the more common modules. So wondering if you believe it will also "season" and settle in past the 1000 hour mark. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if it does. Anything I've purchased fromDACs to speaker to amps have taken months to fully bed-in.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Scott
You know, I was just thinking of something. It would be really fun to marry a Nelson Pass First watt Class A amp to Class D voltage rails via transformers.

Sigh I wish I had more energy. :)

Best,

E
I love the idea of a class D website, but to what purpose? Reviewing, comparing, contrasting? Or all of that plus sales?

It sounds like fun, but also like a lot of work.. though getting a steady stream of amps to review could lessen the pain.

I’m curious now about the sound of lower power vs higher power amps at low volume. I may have to try a little Dayton audio class D one evening, though it may be meaningless to compare a $60 amp to a $1000 amp and expect any sort of meaningful conclusions.

Also - Al, glad you caught that reference! 
Post removed 

@samac, yes all class D amps that have been in my system took over 1K hours to break-in and stabilize. But this has also been my experience with class A/B amps, with CD players, with two tube-based line stages, and with the Rowland Aeris DAC..

On the other hand, I have not tried in my system every amp on the market today, so I will not categorically state that all amps require over 1000 hours to break in...

Guido