CLASS D MONO AMPS buy ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS

CLASS D AMPLIFIER TECHNOLOGY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED TO OUTPERFORM ALL OTHER TOPOLOGIES 

The Amplifier is the New Class D Mono Amps using GaN Fets in a unique Patented
Circlotronic output stage…Design by Ralph Karsten of ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS 

Rated at 100 watts 8 ohms and 200 watts 4 ohms with low distortion across the full audio bandwidth with excellent noise characteristics 

I have been using ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS MA-1 3.0 with all factory upgrades along with NOS 6NS7 Input Tubes for many years 

The New ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D has outperformed my MA-1 3.0 in all areas…the resolution and transparency are simply an Amazing Accomplishment

Also I sold my MP-3 mk 3.0 and purchased the New MP-3 mk3.3

In my Audio opinion I believe the ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D MONO AMPS used with the MP-3 mk3.3 will offer one of the most transparent sounding electronics combinations to date…only using the MP-1 mk3.3 will offer more performance 

I have used other High End Amplifiers in my system and the ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D MONO AMPS outperformed all of them as well

Music Lover…Audiophile…Retired Audio/Video Engineer over 45 years 

Thanks for Reading 

TubeGuy 45

tubeguy45

An Intergrated Class D Amp with Tube Pre-section would be a good idea??

Not in my opinion. The benefits of class d done right are neutrality, low power consumption, cool running, etc. which is sort of the antithesis of tubes. Kind of like ordering a diet coke with your two big macs.

The frequency response is load invariant within 1/10db from 20-20KHz, with 0 degrees phase shift at 20Hz and less than 1 degree at 20KHz. The invariance due to the output impedance being a few milliOhms, the low phase shift due to the feedback value, which allows the amp to correct for phase shift at the bandwidth extremes.

THD from 20Hz- 20KHz  is < 0.1% at full power (200 W into 4 Ohms) and about 0.005% at 1 watt. We think it might be lower but finding a decent filter to knock out the residual has been tricky during the pandemic. We  found one about a week ago and are interested to see how things differ once its integrated into our test setup. The distortion is lower into 16 Ohms.

The switching frequency is just shy of 500KHz, depending on load. The input is entirely direct-coupled.

The filter I mentioned is an Audio Precision device and is used to knock out the residual to prevent it messing with the distortion analysis. If I got this right its 8th order(!) and puts the residual down about 60dB... This is why we've not posted any more distortion data since the residual throws the readings off.

I understand amp pretty at the freshman college level. And I appreciate the new designs and designers bringing new stuff to market.

But I really appreciate venerable designers, like yourself, bringing their expertise to bear on these things.

[/scratching the chin(s) and watching]

@twoleftears As regards proprietary modules, power output, and price, the two products are directly comparable.  The fact that one is housed in two cases is secondary.  The Audions are nice but not only considerably more expensive but also less powerful than the Tempo di Gan.  My proposed comparison seems to me to offer the levelest of playing fields.

This is impeccable logic, and I agree, thankyou.  Ralph is much more forthcoming about certain design features than AGD bloke.  This is important to those of us who are curious, bearing in mind the words of @cal3713 ,above, which I concur with.

@jerryg123 I seem to remember reading somewhere that the tubes in the Rogue Dragon were not in its input stage.  Can anybody confirm?

@twoleftears

"If anybody could get both amps in the same room at the same time, then they would really have my attention."

Indeed!

I would also add the LSA Voyager 350 @ 3+ times the wattage but has an MSRP of $3000, though usually available for $2500

When you wrote this  "GaN is state of the art--and not the generic stuff being put out by Peachtree and LSA."  were you referring to LSA/Peachtree's NON GaN products, but not their GaN products?