Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
If you can find Volodos’ arrangement for piano (and performance) of the slow movement of Rachmaninoff’s Cello Sonata you’ll find heaven.
I’ll try to find it and post it.
Here it is:
https://youtu.be/WFM6vwUoZiI
Thanks RV and Jim,
I have the Schubert cds, and will listen to the Cello Sonata.
Also love Volodos recording of Rachmaninov Etude-Tableauon the Carnegie Hall cd.
Richter plays Schubert live in Moscow. A 10 hour marathon of Schubert's sonatas. I fell asleep with my headphones. Surprisingly good sonics for such an old recording. Has anyone heard this set? 

Jcazador: I enjoyed gavrilov film on youtube, thank you. 
eiOO1
I have a collection of Richter playing Schubert Sonatas, part of BBC Legendsseries.  And another Richter Schubert collection that includes two sonatas and the Huttenbrenner Variations.  I think these must be different recordings than the ones you mention.  They are excellent.  I really love Richter!
When I watched the Volodos Rachmaninoff Cello Sonata on Youtube I was struck with a similarity between Volodos and Richter, i.e., their facial expressions and appearance at the keyboard.  They are both playing for themselves, not putting on a show for an audience.  I appreciate that.