Coincident speaker cable experience

I have been using Coincident speaker cable (CST) for two years. Due to changes in my system I need twice as long cables (have 8 feet, need 14 feet). I have two options. get longer cables from Coincident or get another cable brand. Have seen a lot about other speaker cables such as Wire World Eclipse III+. They seem to be outstanding in the reviews I read. My question is How good is Coincident Speaker Cable compared to the competion?
dcaudio
Coincident CST is excellent cable. While cable is dependent on both you and your system, you might find another cable to be better in your circumstance, but I do not believe there is a "better" cable out there in audio.

To put things in plain terms, I replaced my Coincident CST with one of the most well regarded loudspeaker cables ever, AudioQuest Dragon. Dragon gave me deeper, and more impactful bass, and improved clarity. However, after getting to the point of being incredibly unhappy with the lack of musicality in my system, I returned to the Coincident CST cable.

I immediately began hearing music again, and the joy of listening to my system returned. Again, while you may find a cable better suited to you or your system, you will not find better cable. That being said, I believe one who has not experimented to find the best cable in their system has not maximized their system.
Besides the money, I can't/won't wait 200 to 300 hours for them to break in!
I replaced all of my Coincident cable (ic's, speaker, power) and have never looked back.

Once I started doing comparisons (with AZ, Empirical, Bogdan, Argent Audio, Audience), it became apparent that the Coincident products were very colored and had a big impact on the sound in a negative way. These results weren't just in my system, but in three other systems as well.

Do yourself a favor and listen to some other cables before spending the money on longer lengths. You can read my review of the Argent Audio Jaden Signatures (what replaced the Coincident after my comparisons) here or on Audio Asylum.

Best of luck.

GW
I had owned and was very happy with my Coincident TRS speaker cables until I started using the Argent Audio Jaden Signature cables. Comparatively to the TRS cables, I found the Jaden cables to be much more neutral, lively, detailed, extended, and musically superior, especially in the playback of voice recordings. Silver, when done right, can be very magical (silky) in the detail of female/male recording artists.

In August 2003, I had the opportunity to audition Argent Audio's latest cable called the "Pursang", and in my opinion, a truly high quality and resolving cable.