conrad johnson preamps

Why are there so many Conrad Johnson preamps for sale on the gon?
g11657
Oddiofyl I have a similar set-up to yours but a vintage upgraded PV9a with a pair of Quicksilver’s, just total enjoyment. It is only one of two systems I’ve had over the years (the other also consisted of a CJ PV5 many years back) where people, not just audiophiles, seem to really enjoy kicking back and listening to the music, just so natural and engaging on everything from classical to jazz to rock. Their products really reflect the beauty and meaning in music.CJ  just sounds right for sure.
+1tubegroover and oddify.  I still use a premier 14 with NOS Mullard tubes.  It is supremely musical however is plenty revealing to the recording.

Likely a combination of things. I used a pv10 A for a decade or more. Great little pre amp.
Recently upgraded to a Classic II.
Poster below hit it on the head. The classic's high gain output has necessitated ordering an attenuator. Recommended by CJ tech support.
I am using a Krell KST 100.
Attenuator will go just before amp. Trying the minimum 10 decibel model. Roughly fifty bucks at Needle Doctor.

A pretty decent sale going on with Spearit Sound as those guys approach closing their doors. Happy Listening!