Conrad Johnson vs Van Alst

Van Alstibe get valve 400 vs Conrad Johnson 2275

im looking at used amps and was wondering if any of you could give your opinion on these two amplifiers. Just curious about how you feel they sound, the quality, things like that. I can get both for similar money and the Fet Valve is more powerful but my speakers are super sensitive so that’s not an issue really. I know nothing about Conrad Johnston. Never net a distributor or seen them on display anywhere…

bear1971
@jjss49 oh whoops. I didn’t realize. When I think CJ I think tubes. I do not know much about their SS. 
I would go CJ for sure, but it really depends on the final result that you are seeking.... I've never compared, but have heard both.  I'm guessing that the CJ will be more detailed, maybe a bit faster....but similar otherwise.  You, know, I've met Frank a couple of times,  although I found him arrogant about his own products, I don't think that he would lie to you or try to steer you one way or the other,  may be worth a call. 
I had a Conrad Johnson MF2550 power amp and found it dull on top and slow sounding. It didn’t seem to be a good match for my system, so I sold it after a year of ownership. The person who bought it sent me a nice letter thanking me for selling it to him. He went on to say it was the best sounding amp he ever heard.

I am still perplexed as I know how it sounded at home. It was mated to a Rogue RP5 tube preamp, Esoteric SACD player and GE Triton Refs speakers. Just food for thought.