Crazy to buy a 17 year old CD Player?

My ARC CD2 just died...I think the laser finally gave up the ghost.  Any how I've got thousands of red book CDs in my library and need a replacement player.  I'm thinking an ARC CD 3MKII or the Mark Levinson 390S.  Am I crazy to be thinking this?  Got a budget of around $2000.00.  My system, though dated, is made up of higher end stuff: ARC 25 pre amp, ARC VT 150 mono amps, VPI TNT IV, Wilson Witts, all running through Transparent Reference (Balanced).
cmcdaniel5
There's a sweet tubed CDP, a Raysonic 228, for sale on USAudioMart.

Original price: $4,000.

Seller is open to offers and seems motivated?

There is also one for sale on CanuckAudioMart for CAD$1,250 (~US$1,000) which should give you some negotiating room.
Excellent price on the Cary DCM600. I would certainly ask if Cary plans on providing parts/service in the future. Happy Listening!
An Oppo UDP 205 will give you video as well, plus a very fine DAC that you can use with other sources such as a Chromecast Audio or a television. I have my tv connected to my stereo system for much better audio, and I do not need multichannel (two Quad 2805 electrostats are big enough in the living room). And playing opera with both high quality video and excellent stereo audio is a joy.