Describe ube sound vs solid state

What are the charesterics in comparing each of these?
nyaudio98
Ralph, can a ss amp have such low distortion as to make that comparison not tenable? I suppose a better question would be, have you ever listened to a ss amp without the typical characteristics you ascribe to them? Could you be fooled in an ABX test? Sorry, I really don't mean to take you to task this way but there always seems to be a need to arrive at a defensible position when this topic comes up. It's probably just me but my perspective is borne of observation. I mean the tube guys vs the ss guys. My goal is accurate to life sound. To this end, the fine detail I hear in ss is just not there in the tube amps I've auditioned. Nor is the bottom end drive/slam of a high current ss. Mind you they have been few and far between but always not impressive and very typical sounding. I find a lot more variation among ss amps sound wise.
Atamsphere, It's not just with my speakers and it's not just me, others have noticed the same thing for some time now; please see the my earlier post on this thread dated 03-10-15.
Mapman, Gpgr4blou, Please realize that chart reflects how humans hear/percieve undistorted musical instruments/sound frequencies. One would not hear/perceive those instruments/sound frequencies as the chart portrays if the sound was distorted (for example; deviating from flat frequency response) before one heard it. For the purposes at hand it's merely an academic curiosity, and flat frequency response from our systems is still highly desirable.