Devore / Bay Area

Dear friends,

This is a random request from the community. I live in the Bay Area, just outside SF. I am contemplating laying down a 50% deposit on a pair of Devore o/baby's. I have a low powered tube amp that is currently mismatched with my speakers and I have read so many great reviews about the Devore Orangutan's and these are within my budget. The problem is that I've never heard any Devore speakers. 

So my request to y'all - are there any of you here in the Bay Area that would be open to letting me listen to your Devore o/whatevers system so I can at least know what the Devore sound is all about? I am up in Vallejo, but willing to travel. Thank you! - A

128x128avgonzalez77

@ghasley I also have my Leben currently powering a pair of Harbeth m30.1’s. 86db at 6ohms, which I have a feeling isn’t the perfect match. 

@voodoochillin I actually did write to Devore and this was his response: “The 15 Watt Leben should be a great match with the O/babys, they are quite an easy load for an amp. The sensitivity rating is 90dB/W/m, so if you like to listen really loud, or have a large listening room it’s possible you’d run out of power, but in most normal situations I think it would be an excellent match.“

When I got that reply I decided I may want to reserve a pair since they are quite back ordered. I demoed a pair of Zu Soul VI with The Leben which was a nice match, really full and slammin. But they’re both in my price range and I’ve read so many good things about Devore speakers I started wondering if I prefer their sound which I expect is quite different..

Tone of music -> you come to audition you buy. If not, don't waste my time.

If that's from a dealer that's a truly sh*tty attitude and I'd avoid.

The point of auditioning is to DECIDE if you think it's worth buying.  You don't get an automatic sale if someone walks through your doors.

Maybe there's something missing in translation here.

@eric5kim - ahh, sorry about that, you were right on target though, that’s exactly how Tone of Music treats people. You can barely even walk in the door before he says something just like that. He also said he’d charge me $100 an hour for his expertise if I didn’t buy since selling audio is like having the expertise of a medical doctor. I am serious. He said it right to my face. 

Any Docs out there care to disagree with him?