Digital input amp

I see a few coming on market.  Previous threads were quite old.

They take a USB or other input. No DAC on the front end. Just the DSP engine to do volume, eq, etc, then whatever conversion to PCM to feed the class D output. So the only "DAC" is the output stage.   This makes sense as it further reduces the functions in the chain.  I have not seen objective testing or any reliable subjective testing. The ones I have seen are Infineon processer based. No idea if the output filtering or feedback implementation is up to the Purify quality.   I guess the next innovation is the GaNFET output.  One has a DAC to feed a sub out. Easy as any old $5 DAC will wo there. 

I was browsing and came across the Sajab A30a. ( quite inexpensive)  Peachtree has the old Gan-1 but coax PCM only.  That would be fine if it managed buffering and clocks internally. Unfortunately my all-in-one only has USB out. 

I suspect there is a lot to be learned here but it makes sense to me for the future. 

tvrgeek
Post removed 

BTW it was not from Gold Note Specs, read much. Use google much, no bio please yawn. Should read some of the reviews (what I quoted slick) as they are all positive just like the Schiit you purchased. Go to a show or two, get enlightened.

BS you quoted does not give any hint and their published specs 

Passed on the DC show due to COVID. Maybe next year. 

Again, I hope it sounds great, but I'll never know.  I put zero faith in reviews as if they are not glowing, the reviewer never gets anything to review.   More BS. You have no problem suggesting units I have or have heard are junk, but most of them have outstanding reviews.   I have heard a lot of stupid ego priced equipment I would not trade my dirt cheap JDS for. Glowing reviews or not. 

COVID? Come On Man! Are you Howard Stern? No really if your gear sounds good to you then good for you. Gads you are not the end all know it all as Ralph pointed out. Enjoy your JDS.

Thought you ordered a Schiit amplifier or was that just Schiit.

Please do tell me what I have suggested that you have hear (no first hand experience I see) or heard are crap, slick?.  

Actually we have health conditions that put us at high risk.  It is called being smart. 

And yes, I am right now enjoying my JDS while waiting for the FEDX delivery.