Do power bricks break in?

When I bought my Fosi V3 monos, I thought I’d purchased the 32 volt/5 amp power bricks for each monoblock.  Thinking I wanted to increase the power, I purchased a 48 volt/5 amp GaN brick, which cost about $30 bucks more than the regular 48 volt/5 amp bricks.

They arrived yesterday and when I placed them into the system, I was shocked to find that I needed the exact same volume on the preamp to get the same volume as before.  I then looked at my old bricks and they were actually the 48 volt/5 amp versions.  

I read a review where the person clearly felt the GaN version of the bricks were better than the regular versions.  So I thought I’d do a comparison.  

When I did it myself, I couldn’t really hear any difference.  I then volunteered my son to swap the bricks without telling me.  I only did two tests, but I ended up picking the older bricks the two tests I had him help me with.

This got me into thinking:  Do power bricks require break in?  

What has your experience been with regard to power bricks, if any?

Thanks.

128x128audiodwebe

No they don't as your simple test proved. The volume level between 32 volts and 48 would be the same because the amp gain doesn't change. The 48 volt bricks just increase current headroom, which is a good thing.

I’m sorry.  I didn’t make this part clear:  I’ve had the Fosi amps for a few months so the original power bricks are a few months old and the new, GaN ones only have a few hours on them, if that.

I think everything requires a bit of break in, give it some time and try the comparison again. 

It shouldn't be any louder, it will give you more headroom and make it easier for hard to drive speakers.  It has nothing to do with loudness.