Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
finally got some data back on cable burn in that saystoyota better than ferraribelden better than qedplain jane better than jane darling
damn i was fooled.
Was the cable burned in?
Sure, it has been "cables" not just one and, as discussed earlier, I use the Audiodharma Cable Cooker on all my cables since I don't care to spend my time listening for burn-in changes or keeping a log of how something sounds over many hundreds of hours.
stevecham
No one here has the courage to talk about everyone’s brain burn-in period though. Neurons are far more adaptable than speaker cables. We are very good at the process of belief.

>>>>Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Here we go again with the Anti Audiophile screed that it’s all psychological, audiophiles are easily fooled, directionality and burn in can’t possibly be real so audiophiles must be either lying or hallucinating. Maybe they’re two beers over the line. 🍺 🍺 Placebo effect, expectation bias, alien abduction, mass hysteria. 😂 Pick your fav.

Auditory memory of sounds we're exposed too frequently over a long period of time is good: e.g. a parent's voice.

Auditory memory of a sound experienced once over a fairly short period of time, e.g. an auditioning of a new audio component, is very poor.

Hence, impossible to judge with your ears how much burn-in of cables helps.  If you listen to them once, you can't remember by the time they're fully cooked.  If you listen to them over a period of time, to form a more durable impression, you're actually burning them in while you listen.

All you can really judge is whether, subjectively, the experience of listening to them after burn-in is as positive to you or more so, compared to your judgment when you first listened.  This isn't the same thing.