Do true audiophiles own Mcintosh gear

It seems like all the high-end dealers I have bought from or talked to think that Mcintosh is living on it's past reputation. The 2 stores that carry it locally are more mid-fi stores than high-end. I have a friend that swears by it but he hasn't listened to his Mcintosh in over 2 years. What do you think?
taters
I don't know when they made the change. Nor do I remember exactly how long they will run before thermalling out. But it certainly is NOT indefinately. It was actually mentioned also in either an Absolute Sound article or Stereophile article. Forgot which. Review of the MC501 specifically.

I'm sure they're still well within FTC requirements as they are obviously far more robust than even "good" mainstream surround receivers (some of which are making HUGE power claims these days).
I use mny Mac to luisten George Thorougood With Klipsh Lascalas through a high gain pre ARC . Its a 50 watt Mac but if you want supremely clean non congested power your shirt off and truly feel the music really -rock your soul,--it's actually Bo diddley. You can play that 50 watt Mac with volume atnthe 11- 12 O'Clock position plenty left and blow your shirt off the loudest that combo I ever played was 110 Db+ at the SIttING position a ten foot distance.it is really bad for hearing Admittedley my audio group would disapprove. Even I couldn't take it for very long. The sound vibrates your whole body it penetrates you and Its a damn good amp! Loving music is all audiophile means and I love that sound, but only on occassion.
hi,

FWIW, in the latest issue of stereophile's recommemded components the Mac 275 got a A rating along with a few others such as Audio research Reference 110, BAT Vk-55Lamm Industries ML2.1 monoblocks and 4 or 5 others. So I guess it's in rarified company and very good. I'm thinking of gettineg one.

Larry