Do true audiophiles own Mcintosh gear

It seems like all the high-end dealers I have bought from or talked to think that Mcintosh is living on it's past reputation. The 2 stores that carry it locally are more mid-fi stores than high-end. I have a friend that swears by it but he hasn't listened to his Mcintosh in over 2 years. What do you think?
taters
dave_b, why am I not surpised by you not understanding why people keep playing those "flawed" and "mediocre" LP's. After all, you have a Krell SACD player.
Thanks, you keep me laughing!
Hey Dbarger, I'm a vinyl guy as well...that's how I know what music reproduction should sound like. If you took the time to look at my review of the 400xi/sacd std combo you would understand my reasoning. This combo has a unique feature/design set that no one else has, and I believe it to be the most vinyl like sound I have ever heard! I have owned more high end gear than most and can afford whatever new comes along...it just so happens that this krell secondary system creates music on such an exhalted level that I can hardly believe just how flawed most gear can sound. At the very least, I do pride myself on being a source of amusement for you Dbarger:) By the way, my $20K cable rig don't hurt either. What are you listening through currently?