Do true audiophiles own Mcintosh gear

It seems like all the high-end dealers I have bought from or talked to think that Mcintosh is living on it's past reputation. The 2 stores that carry it locally are more mid-fi stores than high-end. I have a friend that swears by it but he hasn't listened to his Mcintosh in over 2 years. What do you think?
taters
Taters - Since you have managed to repeatedly bash McIntosh gear on multiple threads, please enlighten the rest of us and suggest gear that you think is "good" since you obviously feel that McIntosh is "no good".
I think Mc intosh is fine gear. I even own a mint Mr-78 tuner though I never really use it. I just think their turntable looks ridiculous. Meters on a TT. Please.
Taters, you might want to take a closer look at the "meter" (singular) on the MT-10. You'll discover it isn't.

Don't get me wrong; if you don't like what it looks like, that's why there are all those other manufacturers out there.
The bottom line is Mc intosh doesn't even build their own TT. I believe clear audio makes it for them. It's made for the guy that wants it to match his other Mc gear. Call it what you will, but that is a fashion statement in my book.
03-22-15: Taters
I think Mc intosh is fine gear. I even own a mint Mr-78 tuner though I never really use it. I just think their turntable looks ridiculous. Meters on a TT. Please.

I figured that! They own it, but don't use it.